Internship at AdventureLAB
ARE YOU READY TO EXPLORE THE WORLD OF THEMED ENTERTAINMENT AND BRANDED EXPERIENCES AS A STORYTELLER, EXPERIENCE DESIGNER, MODERN MARKETER OR CONCEPT DEVELOPER?
SPRING 2019 INTERNSHIP AT ADVENTURELAB, AARHUS
Final application deadline: Thursday, November 29, 2018
Interviews: Tuesday, November 20, 2018 – Thursday, December 6, 2018
We are looking for the right persons to join us as interns at AdventureLAB, the integrated storytelling and experience design studio recognised for its special expertise in, and passion for, themed and branded entertainment and experiences.
For the Spring 2019 internship, we are in particular looking for talented people with expertise in
Experience Design Internship
Skills: Digital / Physical / Hybrid Experience Design, User-Centric Design and Test, Concept Development etc.
Skills: Storytelling, Writing and/or Graphical Skills, Concept Development etc.
Skills: Marketing, Social Media, Strategic Planning etc.
You may be a student of design, media, business, experience economy, marketing, moviemaking, interactive multimedia or something else. Your own special magic may be words, images, programming, strategy, innovation, storytelling, video – or getting all of it to work together. The most important thing is that you want to join us at AdventureLAB in exploring how people and places can benefit from a mix of the new dimensions of storytelling, interactive media, integrated marketing and experience design.
You should apply for this position, if you:
- Are pro-active and independent while still being a team player: sometimes you will have to hold down the fort if for a day or two, sometimes you may be out in the field on your own.
- Want to join a smaller set-up with a big vision at an exciting time: it demands thinking like a start-up to get us where we are going, so sorry about the missing receptionist, canteen chef and multi-million dollar 3D printing and VR editing facilities. The coffee is good, though.
- Want to feel the energy from a dedicated start-up community every weekday morning: AdventureLAB is located in the middle of Aarhus in a start-up hub with some great companies and inspiring people. We think it’s the World’s Best Office Space in Aarhus.
- Are ready to get involved in whatever tasks we handle, both for clients and for ourselves: it is not all about coming up with concepts for theme parks or experience spaces all the time. Sometimes we will be busy working in various ways with online and social media, sometimes marketing, and sometimes it will be something completely different.
- Are pretty fluent in English verbally and in writing. If you do well in Danish as well, consider it a bonus.
- Are looking for a regular, non-salary internship relevant to your career for a period of 3-6 months.
- Want to leave your mark on AdventureLAB, as much as an internship here will be designed to leave a lasting, positive mark on you.
- Want to work in close collaboration in a small team lead by an experienced award-winning creative director, who is deeply involved and widely connected with the themed entertainment and experience industry.
If this is you, please send us your application in any digital format you would like. Tell us your reason for applying for an internship, and why you should be chosen:
- What are your future career plans, and how is an internship at AdventureLAB relevant to them?
- What do you expect from an internship at AdventureLAB?
- What will you bring to AdventureLab, and why should you be chosen over other applicants?
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than November 29, 2018. Remember to add all the practical stuff, like: where do you study, when should your internship begin and end, according to your education plans.
Your application may be in either English or Danish.
Furthermore, as an International Board member of the Themed Entertainment Association, I will endorse our new intern for a Themed Entertainment NextGen Membership, if you’re interested. If membership is granted, AdventureLAB will sponsor your membership fee for a year.
We look very much forward to hearing from you. If you have any questions, please send them to email@example.com
We are looking forward to seeing your application!
Klaus Sommer Paulsen